Friday, February 21, 2014

Other Important Members of the Family

Orion, a Golden Retriever, was our first dog and what a sweet dog he was.  My first real interaction with dogs was when Orion became not only our pet but family member.   In this photograph he is looking at the Olentangy River.  This post is a homage to the 14 wonderful years we spent together.  He will never be forgotten. 

In this photograph, John and Orion, when both were young, playing in the snow.


I raised Argos, my dog in Greece, for three months when he was a puppy.  He now lives with a lovely young couple and Mark their one year old son.  I visit Argos every time I am in Greece.  I am sure he is wondering when his father will end his itinerant lifestyle.

The two cats are Pounce to the right and Theo to the left.  I am not going to take sides to the argument if dogs or cats are more clever and loveable, as I like both.

The newest arrival in the family is Louis.  King Louis is a hunting dog. He is a mixed breed beagle and Jack Russell.  He is also a sweet dog that likes chasing squirrels, birds and other little critters.

1 comment:

  1. What a fitting cleverly sung song in a tribute to cats and dogs! I also have a cat, her name is Oreo and the only survivor of the 4 I had. We have a Lola who is a Chihuahua/Rat Terrier mix who is 2 years old, she belongs to my granddaughters, but is here everyday with them. On Sunday, when everybody is here, we have Lola, Snowflake (who is a Maltise) and finally our long, long family pet Bingo II (he is a Shih Tzu, we've had him for 14 years, he is not in the best of health, but he hangs on. He lives between here and Dustin's house, lately more with Dustin). I totally get the pets and dog thing, they love you unconditionally and all they want in return is some affection and a scrap of food! Lola understands everything...and sometimes I think she can talk! The picture with John an Orion looks like a Hallmark photo of a very happy boy, it should be on a greeting card!

    ReplyDelete